Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Obesity Epidemic

I found this site that is a great resource for childhood obesity.  It has some awesome articles and advise for parents, teachers, and children.  The site is http://childhoodobesitynews.com/
Within the site I saw an interesting billboard.  They ask the question whether it is shaming or a wake-up call.
Georgia Children's Health Alliance
My personal view is its reality.  If we don't like to see it or look at it, then we should help get our children in better shape rather than enable unhealthy choices like poor eating habits, limited exercise (cutting physical education time and programs), and increase screen time (tv, computers, etc.).  I'm curious how this add or billboard makes others feel?

1 comment:

  1. It is a very sad reality. It makes me feel overwhelmed at the thought of how unhealthy many children are becoming at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete